Translate

Friday, August 22, 2008

Three Year Anniversary


As I began to think about this post and pulled up the Blogger dashboard, right there in front of me it said blogging since "August 2005". I realized I had missed my blogging anniversary by 9 days... It somehow doesn't seem possible that I have been blogging here for 3 years...lol



"Sharon B's Bags of Fun" was my first post. Sharon Boggon of in a minute ago is possibly the most wonderful embroider-ist (if that is a word! ;o) ) I have ever seen and is a true inspiration to many, many embroidery hopefuls on the web. Her "Bags of Fun" was a group effort where everyone embroidered their cutoff blue jeans into a purse...lol It was a really fun effort and taught me a LOT about embroidery and ribbon embroidery.

I have since branched off into many different things, but this continues to be the most beautiful area of handwork for me. I will forever be grateful that Sharon decided to become a part of the world of web information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good for you, I hope I can write you a comment on your 10th anniversary!

sharonb said...

Thanks for the mention and I am pleased you are still blogging - happy anniversary even if I am late! Well done I know what it means to keep writing constantly. I too hope I see in your 10th anniversary

Idle hands, empty brain ... said...

According to the OED (Oxford English Dictionary) the word is Embroiderer.

Embroiderist appears to be a made up word now appearing on the internet, but not yet accepted into official dictionaries