Translate

Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally Finished Hand Spun..Tiny Booties


I finally finished spinning the first hand dyed roving I ever tried. I gave up on the hand spindle since I only use the spindle when I am out and about .. perhaps at the doctor's office or such.. so i finished it on my wheel. Ended with 120 yards of triple ply that measures out at 10-12 wpi. It has not been wet finished yet and I think it may be plyed a little to tight...we'll see. I'm thinking this will be joining the pink merino that I did last winter and be woven into a check pattern scarf...


I've had the knitting needles out again in the evening and when I had some yellow alpaca blend left over from the fabric I did on the Harp .. I decided to try this little pair of booties... How cute are they?!! The pattern is here at Bev's Country Cottage. I think I found the pattern via Mariella at Knitting Nonni ... I'm not sure..lol I know one thing... I need to ask her to do a tutorial on how to sew them together... ;O) I never seem to be able to do that so the seam is invisible...

1 comment:

Mariella said...

The little booties look great!