Translate

Monday, September 08, 2008

Nachos ala Pace

We have found a way to make nachos that are low enough in carbs that DH can have them...and love them. We searched all the chips on the store aisles and finally found that Fritos Small White Corn Chips (round) have about 18 carbs in 24 chips...Kroger brand has about 19 in 24 chips. We use either one. And you would be amazed at how many 24 chips that turns out to be...

This is what I do...


Brown 1 to 2 lbs. hamburger in large skillet..



Drain and return to skillet over medium heat. Add Picante sauce (I use Pace mild...NAYY...but any you choose will work.) I usually add about 1/4 of the large jar and continue to cook a bit to let the flavors work into the hamburger...but not long enough to be completely dry.





While the hamburger is browning, I have placed the chips on the plates, chopped some tomatoes and green onions. I usually buy the packages of shredded mild cheddar cheese, but if I am out of that this is when I shred it.


I personally like to put some of the shredded cheese on my chips before I add the hamburger mixture so it can melt when the hot hamburger mix is added...this is a personal thing.


When the hamburger mix is cooked long enough to re-heat and blend the flavors, place by spoonfuls onto chips. Top with onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese. I like to add more picante sauce...DH does not... This is very good with guacamole and sour cream on the side...


Yumm..Yummm



2 comments:

knitting bean said...

Love you new picture at the top of your blog. So pretty!

Linda S. said...

Thanks, Knitting Bean. These spider lilies are beside the drive. I look forward to them every year.