Translate

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Painted Wooden Box

I found some very small wooden boxes with hinged lids at JoAnn's just before Christmas that were on sale for $.25 ea. ... so I bought 7 of them with idea in mind to fill them with rolled up $1.00 bills for the grandsons for Christmas... As luck would have it, they were 1/4 inch too small. So now I have all these small boxes... grin The brilliant red bead is attached to the top of all the boxes with some kind of killer glue because no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it off. Sooo... I just painted one..grin When I put the green around the sides of the lid, I considered taping it off to insure a clean edge, but I really like the look of the slight smudging around the edges in the way of Shabby Chic, so I decided not to do that.

No comments: