Translate

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Street Art

Did you ever want to paint on the walls..?? I have. And I've always wanted to do this kind of street art. I noticed a while back that the Street Art along the walls of the buildings in the Sher-Den area are beginning to fill even more, with new murals showing up all the time. I will have to remember to take my camera with me on our next trip.
This mural of the city street around the turn of the century is the first one I noticed when we first moved to the area 3 years ago. The individual murals in the windows of the building across the street were the next ones I noticed. Now there are murals along most of the buildings in the downtown area of not just Denison, but also of Sherman. There is quite an artist's community in the area, but with Austin College and 2 other community colleges in the area, I wonder how many of these murals are done by students and how many by the artistic community...???

No comments: