Translate

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Tuesday...


I finally finished a rough draft of the Spindling booklet I'm trying to put together for the class that I will be teaching at the Red River Museum Craft Saturday in March. I ran off a color copy and sent it to our son in Mesa, AZ to proof. Technical writing was one of his majors in college, so I'm sure it will return to me with at least a few red marks..lol



This class will be a beginner's class to learn to spin wool on a spindle. The class will put together a bottom whorl spindle just like the one in the picture so they will have an idea how to make their own. The actual spinning lesson will be with an Ashford top whorl beginner's spindle that I have purchased. There will be room for 14 in the class. Now that the booklet is almost finished, I am really getting excited about this class.




This is the embroidery work that I am doing for Hannah's quilt. I thought the blocks needed a bit of definition, so the red and green embroidery will be done on the seams, then there will be borders...then hopefully the backing and quilting. I have to hold myself back from really going all out... I have already considered painting the orange squares with little baby things...lol Or maybe doing ribbon roses... however... I think not..lol Perhaps on something for when she is older.. ;o)



Have I shown you my teapot bracelet? I just love it. It was ordered when we went to our daughter Bev's for Thanksgiving. She was hosting a jewelry party and taking early orders. As soon as I saw this I knew it was for me..lol Not that I have a thing for teapots, or anything like that... !!

5 comments:

DangAndBlast! said...

Just curious ... we're trying to figure out how to spin properly (one friend got a spindle and roving in a kit and knows nothing but youtube, and I learned once from an old lady in Bolivia and have now forgotten) -- would your little book happen to be something that we could teach ourselves from? If so, might it be available for purchase? :)

(Aside, being finicky about Indian name spellings (my last name's Radhakrishnan) -- it's Gandhi, not Ghandi.)

DangAndBlast! said...

(in the header) :)

Linda S. said...

Thank you.. D&B... I have changed the spelling on the header. ;o) I know I have answered you already by a note on your site, but will here also. The booklet will posted after I get it back from Arizona as a free tutorial either here or on my other site Fabric Follies Two..
http://fabricfolliestwo.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

O how I would love to learn from you. Your talent always translate beautifully through the pictures you post.

The teapot bracelet is charming!

Anonymous said...

O how I would love to learn from you. Your talent always translate beautifully through the pictures you post.

The tea pot bracelet is charming!