Translate

Monday, February 09, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 02/09/2009



















For today: February 9, 2009


Outside my window: the rain has slowed, but with the coming of the sun the watery drops glisten on the twigs of DH's favorite tree. I can almost smell the rain from in here.


I am thankful for: the immediacy of the internet. It's very good to be able to click on a blog and make sure a friend from as far away as Australia is ok during this horrible time of raging fires that burning entire villages. My heart breaks, but I am thankful that Linda B. has only had soot and chaff falling around them up until now. She does beautiful embroidery work.. Chloe's Place and is working to find a way to accept any help we might want to send to the many who have lost their homes and all of their belongings in the coming months. If you would like to help, check her blog.


From the kitchen: comes only the wonders of every day cooking. I made pumpkin bread a couple of weeks ago and wound up eating almost every bite by myself. I won't make that mistake again any time soon!


I am wearing: one of my favorite house dresses that I bought on sale at Dillard's about 3 years ago. It's dark blue with pale blue and gold vines woven into it.


I am reading: The Alpine Quilt by Mary Daheim. When I first began to read her books, I was a little underwhelmed...and couldn't figure out why I kept reading it..lol Her heroine is somewhere in her 50's and the setting is a small village in Washington State... I guess I just felt a bit of kinship with the ordinariness of the people and place.... Anyway, she seems to have clutched onto me as this is the second book of hers that I am reading...


I am hoping: that our grandson who has been in the Army now for a couple of weeks is doing well. This makes 3 grandsons in the Army and one son in the Marines.


I am creating: more dishtowels on my Kromski Harp loom. I do love this loom. But there have been many things in the works this week. They will be chronicled in my post to Fabric Follies Two this morning. I finished my knitted scarf last night, so the evening "watching tv" craft will have to be something new now. I will be starting a new small quilt for new grand daughter Hannah this morning.


Around the house: we are enjoying the new tile floors in the den, hall and office. Sure saves the nerves when the coffee droplets are noticed on the floor...lol It was a real pain in the pazooza while going down, but soooo worth it.


One of my favorite things: is feeling my DH put his arm around me and give me small kisses on the back as we turn to go to sleep at night.


I am hearing: the whir of the computer. I remember the first computer I ever sat down and used... at my oldest son's ... a few (ok...more than a few) years ago... I was amazed then and have never gotten over it.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:







Time does pass... even as we don't notice...

No comments: