Translate

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 02/16/2009







For today: February 16, 2009


Outside my window: the daffodils by the fence are budding. They are always later than the ones I planted under the oak that are already blooming. I hope these have as many blooms this year as they did 3 years ago. What a lovely sight that was every day.


I am thankful for: oatmeal. It's not just a grain or a cereal. It's a bond with the past. That familiar smell that I've had from as far back as I can remember. It's family... it's babies...it's gossip over breakfast...it's warmth when I'm sick...it's love when my babies were sick.. It's magical...that everyday oatmeal.


From the kitchen: comes a stop sign...lol... no entry! The kitchen table is covered with beads instead of food!

I am wearing: my favorite housedress... I promise I really will get dressed at some point today..lol

I am reading: Elizabeth Zimmermann's The Knitter's Workshop. I enjoy her sense of humor and the confidence she instills by taking things one at a time but at the same time showing other ways this lesson can be use. I'm very glad I bought this book.


I am hoping: that my booklet teaching basic spindle spinning is finished. It will be sent to our son in Arizona for proofreading and some final editing.... maybe a few suggestions...


I am creating: a play size quilt for new granddaughter Hannah. It will be embroidered a bit, but not so much that I will be devastated to see it squooshed on the floor with her standing all over it...lol She is now 9 months old and can stand at the coffee table, but not steady enough yet to walk.

I have just finished this:


Around the house: I am walking around trying to keep my eyes closed... there is much to do that I don't want to see...lol

One of my favorite things: is this... both gifts from my lovely daughter...





I am hearing: my sweet DH just talking away about the VA as I am writing this. If this makes no sense at all...that is why... I am listening and typing at the same time.... :o)



Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:





2 comments:

Mariella said...

Love the hat!

Mariella said...

Love the hat!