Translate

Monday, February 02, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 02/02/2009



















For today: February 2, 2009


Outside my window: the sun is shining and it is 50 degrees. This is Texas weather and by tonight it could be either 70F or 20F. Changeable...that's us. But the squirrels that I watch through the window each day don't mind either way. They just love to play on the 8 foot tall tree stump that we planted the trumpet vine around.


I am thankful for: the ease of internet shopping. A week or two ago I did my first shopping through Amazon.com and ordered a spinning book and a rigid heddle loom book. Today it was Elizabeth Zimmermann... didn't have to go out, rain or shine to the book stores that don't carry them here in our little city anyway. Love that.


From the kitchen: has come the sound of my wonderful DH cooking for me after the latest cardiac cath last week. Yummm Good!


I am wearing: Stretch green/khaki pants with a Donkenny ... can we say washes and dries like a dream... red/black/green khaki print blouse.


I am reading: Hands On Rigid Heddle Weaving by Betty Davenport and The Alpine Quilt by Mary Daheim


I am hoping: that this black, horrible feeling of dispair about the state of our country will pass soon....


I am creating: a knitted scarf with the tan homespun Romney/Merino X. I am trying to figure out how to come up with a better wrist abacus than the one I made yesterday. This one works, but I know I can do better if I just sit down and think about it..lol


Around the house: DH and I rearranged the kitchen cabinets a bit this morning. Makes for a much easier "get up" and "make coffee"... ;o)


One of my favorite things: is coming across an idea and then making it myself...love that.


I am hearing: the sound of the letter opener as DH opens the latest mail...the sound of the squeak as he leans back in his chair and the shuffle of the paper as he reads it. Life is good.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:


No comments: