Translate

Friday, September 08, 2006

"Almost" The Way It Was...


Another jewel that came in email. I had to laugh a bit when this came through. Back when women just did not work unless they were widowed, spinsters or had "no good" husbands, taking care of the home and children was their job... and it was a real job. Her pride came in how clean her house was, how well behaved and happy her children were and how content & comfortable she could make her husband... However... this takes it a bit far. You don't suppose this article was written by a man... hummm... Click on the pic for a really large one that is readable...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh My Sainted Aunt!!!!

Yes, I know things have changed, but this one is written in such as way as to make me feel ill! (Or to use too many exclamation marks!!!)

Even the first child has to be a boy (see picture) - how many family groups do you see pictured with two children where the girl is the elder.

Aaaaagh!!!!

Debbie Kathy Lela and Marilyn said...

Two commercials come to mind. " We've Come A Long Way Baby " and "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan". Thank God for our generation we threw everything out of order in the sixties.

Linda S. said...

Linda, you were the first one I thought of when I read this..grin And Deb, you are absolutely right. Today, I have wonder at the lengths women went to to be a "good wife" back then...