Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Barbie Clothes



I never was one of those little girls who loved Barbie, preferring instead to have baby dolls. I found this Barbie in a thrift store a few years ago and she has been languishing in my stash drawer since then. But having been on a knitting roll, I thought how much easier it would be to make small things than big things and I pulled her out. Using this pattern and size 5 needles, I whipped this little shawl up in no time.

Well, now I'm on a roll. (grin) So I got out the crochet hook and put together this sweater and handbag. I'm now working on a pair of summer pants to match the lining in the handbag. There really is a method to the madness. A grandson married recently to a wonderful young lady who brought a 6 y/o daughter into the family. And she loves Barbie.
Part of yesterday was spent making Sculpey beads. Some will be used for embellishments... but some will make Barbie jewelry...grin

No comments: