Translate

Monday, January 08, 2007

Fingerless Mittens & On The Needles Now

The Wool Ease fingerless mittens have been completed for a couple of days now. I've had them laying on the kitchen table in the midst of a hundred buttons to see if I really wanted to put a button on each wrist... haven't found any that I like so maybe that should tell me something.



On the needles now.... something that will perhaps be a bread cloth... or maybe a face cloth ... or perhaps just a knitted square... I'm not sure. After seeing the biscuit blanket that firefly did over at I live on a farm I decided to try the basket weave stitch with my knitting and knitted a scarf in some really terrible blue acrylic yarn that feels like an old wool army blanket when you put it around your neck... ughhh So I bought some "Peaches and Cream" cotton yarn and started this:

The needles are size 5, so this is pretty slow going. The basket weave rows are interrupted with 3 rows of garter stitch between them. The first several rows were stiff and I thought "Oh, no!" But I kept going and it is much better and becomes just the right weight for a bread cover. I will continue on with it and see what happens.

No comments: