Translate

Monday, October 09, 2006

My New Favorite Book

I found this book on a half price table at the local used book store. It just reached out and grabbed me, so of course I bought it... and as they say, the rest is history. I have done a search online and find that Amazon.com.uk has a list of 38 books written by Mary Jo Hiney and they are all like this...
The ideas inside are so lovely I just want to lock myself in my workroom and stay until I do them all. Each piece has complete instructions and patterns showing exactly how to make the article. But... they are not quite as easy as they look and some of them are quite time consuming.
I finished this little girl ornament yesterday but it has had a few modifications from the pattern. That's the beauty of these patterns...they lend themselves to whatever you personally want to do with them. I will be making more...

No comments: