Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2006

1st Cloisonne' Egg

Well, duh....
Do you think they really mean it when they put in the instructions that you should wait "at least" 24 hours before firing in the oven.... hummm...
In my own defense here.... the gold outline had been drying for 24 hours, but I guess it was too thickly applied and didn't dry completely. Perhaps this is where the magic words "at least" come in...
This kind of finish for the eggs will take much longer to do. But I think once I get it figured out, they will be much prettier and the finish will be permanently fired and will be top rack dishwasher safe. That pleases me. It will take several throw-away eggs to perfect the technique though... and my supplier only had 3 (that's 3...three!) eggs ... so will have a wait for more to arrive.

No comments: