Translate

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Personal Library of Stitches

I spent most of the day going through the lesson plan, highlighting, trying to define my goals in my journal (something I haven't done in many years...eek! I don't remember it being so hard! grin) and finally preparing and beginning my sampler. These particular stitches are not ones that I have used, however I have used a variation of the feather stitch many times. It is one of my favorites. I'm sure my decisions will evolve as I go along, but my plan at this point is to explore stitches using a nearly monochromatic color scheme with each sampler.
After I put my things away this afternoon, I went into my work room, painted 2 squares of felt and cut several 7x5" rectangles of unbleached muslin. These I will use to experiment wildly..grin The large samplers I would like to stitch in a more traditional way.

No comments: