Translate

Friday, February 02, 2007

Snow! Snow! Snow!



It's still snowing this morning. The thermometer on our back porch shows just below 40 degrees F., but all the weather info says it's around 28 degrees F. I believe the weather. Cold out there.
This picture was taken yesterday evening around 5pm or so. The snow was still barely floating to the ground. I knew I had better hurry to capture it because it would be gone in an hour or so... hahh! This morning it's still here and more is falling ever so softly. The birds and squirrels don't seem to mind at all and minded even less when I snapped them chowing down this morning.
As we sat there this morning watching the squirrels, chickadees, juncos, nuthatches, wrens, titmice, woodpeckers, cardinals, purple finches and yellow finches ... I have to admit to being amazed. We have been here 3 years now and when we moved in there was not a bird anywhere. All these trees and not a sound of a bird. DH has made such a difference... all the days of feeding and watering, buying pizza pans to audition as feeders, stealing my frying pans to use as feeders, building squirrel feeders. I think I'll keep him...

No comments: