Translate

Monday, January 09, 2006

Great Grandma's Plant


During our visit with my Aunt Betty and her husband, I noticed several pots of lovely plants on her windowsill. When I mentioned them, she asked me if I knew where they came from... Since I had no idea, she told me. It seems that my father's mother's mother had them growing and she gave a start of them to her daughter-in-law Grace (who was married to my grandmother's brother Wesley). After Wes died and Grace decided to move, she had many more things than she had room for in her new home, so she gave some of the plants to my grandmother. My Aunt Betty then received a start from her mother (my grandmother). So it seems that these plants have been a part of the family for many, many years (my grandmother died in 2003 at the age of 98 years old). My great-grandmother died when I was around 2 or 3..and I am 57... so these plants have been around at least longer than 57 years.

No comments: