Translate

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Tomomi's Apricot Jam


When the kids all came home for Christmas, John's wife Tomomi brought me some of her homemade apricot jam. It was just too pretty to open and eat..grin .. so I put it on the shelf in my kitchen island so I could look at it whenever I walked by. Last night when John called he asked me if I had tasted it yet... (for the second time!) Once again I had to say no, so while he was on the phone, I did finally and begrudgingly open it, taste it and boy! was it wonderful! As luck would have it, I had made a huge pan of boiled cabbage with small sausages in it and some cornbread muffins... sooo Like I told John, it looks like I will have to find something else to look pretty on the shelf since this will be gone in a couple of days!

No comments: